Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to Clifton, AZ.....And loving it...

So the year is already quickly ticking away. Time just does not seem like it wants to slow down. Now especially that I'm in an area i already know and am familiar with, things are just speeding along. I'M not sure that i like time to go this fast.
Well to let all of you know if you don't know, I have been transferred again to one of my favorite areas. Clifton Arizona. Up in the middle of nowhere. Gotta love it. I have really missed this place and I'm very thankful that I get to finish my mission strong around people I already know and love.
So this week has been both eventful and fun. It is overall just a great time to be a missionary. One amazing miracle we have had was we were about to go see a member of the ward but we decided we needed to see at least one less active or potential investigators. Well I remembered one family we were working with when i was here long ago and Elder Bischoff said they lived in the pit. (a slang word used widely for a location in Morenci). But I was pretty sure they lived somewhere else. So i went with my gut and went to the house i remembered them living at. Well we walked up there and knocked on the door. A younger gentleman answered the door and it definitely wasn't who i thought it was going to be. Turns out they moved to the pit. BUT, i contacted him like i have been trained to do for the past 22 months and he is a really cool guy. He is a Steelers fan unfortunately but a great guy. He wanted us to come back on Wednesday so we can teach him more about how he can improve his life. I believe the Lord truly led us to this individual through my gut feeling that was wrong, but it was meant to be wrong. He has only been living there for a week. What a great example of how the Lord works through all of us individually.
A funny event that happened this week was the 1 investigator we had showed up to church...fell asleep for the whole thing. It was pretty humorous. I laughed anyways. That's Clifton for you, there is no other place quite like it and I love it.
I love you all so much.
Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment