Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Well hello there my wonderful family. It is so nice to be able to talk to you again. I hope all is going well where ever it is you may be in the world.
Things have been going "OK" here. Not to much great things to report on. A lot of our solid plans and investigators have yet again fallen through. It makes missionary work so much tougher. Yet so much more rewarding in the long run. For example, our baptism that we were supposed to have on Saturday fell through. His girlfriend (that is a member) broke up with him and he was pretty shaken up about it. So every appointment that we set up with him fell through like the lesson we were going to have with him at the temple. His baptism and other monumental events that were supposed to happen in his life, didn't. The sucky part is that he knows its true, he knows he needs to do this, but there is something holding him back. And Elder Thorpe and i just cant seem to figure out what it its. Things were going very well until all of this happened. And now for some reason, we cant get in contact with some of our other investigators to help progress them in their journey towards baptism and eternal salvation. So this week was just really tough.
We have also been having some problems within our zone as far as obedience and the desire to be actual missionaries. There were things said (that we don't need to get into) inside our institute building that caused us to loose our valuable member trust. Elder Thorpe and I had worked really hard in building that trust and making sure the members could count on us. Then a couple missionaries went and messed things up for our area. I kind of lost my cool and i pretty much banned them from the institute. I told them if I find them in there again or find them even close to it I would make sure there will be consequences. I felt really bad for loosing my cool on them but it needed to be done. I resolved the problems with the members that overheard the missionaries and made sure trust was gained. We talked to the member this Sunday and everything has been resolved. So its all good. Just one more thing on my list of things to talk about. Good times.
There was an interesting event that did happen this week that I thought was pretty entertaining. It was around 10:15 or so and we had just got done taking care of all our calls when we get a call from an unknown number. I answered and there was an individual telling me in a super fast voice that he needed our help and he needed a blessing. He said he had Turrets syndrome and that he was having a breakdown. I wasn't sure what to believe. I didn't know if it was a prank call (we get alot of them) or if someone was being serious. He asked us to meet him at the institute. So we put our clothes back on and drove over there. Sure enough, he was there waiting for us. As we get out of the car he starts going off on this rant about how he wanted to serve a mission but the illness held him back and just going off about all these problems he had. Elder Thorpe buts in and tells him we should go inside. He still keeps talking as we walk inside and finally make our way into the library so we could all sit down. As we are entering the library, in the bishops office is Bishop Lunt and Bishop Allen (thank goodness) asking us what was going on. I told him the situation and asked if one of them would like to join us because I had no idea what to do. Bishop Allen comes in and we probably listen to this kid rant and just break down about how he wanted to serve god and go on a mission. That he gave everything for god but he lost everything. For at least 20-30 minuets. So by this time its probably like 11 o clock and bishop Allen had just had enough. He looks the kid right in the eyes and said "you say you have given everything to the lord, but what have you lost boy?!" the kid silently thinks and wasn't able to come up with a suitable answer. Bishop Allen then proceeds to lay down the law.
BA-"Do you have a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ?!"
K- "yes sir I do"
BA-" Do you have a testimony of living prophets and apostles?!"
K-"yes sir"
BA-"then think how much you have gained. You have more knowledge then most people in the world ever will in their entire lifetime. You better be grateful for all the things the lord has given you."
He said more things that I will not say at this time. They werent bad I just cant remember them haha.
We then proceeded to give him a blessing and he left. But what Bishop Allen said really hit me. the knowledge we have of the restored gospel is a true treasure. Something most people will never have the chance to even experience. I am so grateful for the testimony the Lord has blessed me with of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for him and for all the many blessings that he grants me with. I love you all so much. Thank you for the love and support you offer to me while I am performing my service to the lord. May we all remember the blessing the Lord has placed in our lives and count them one by one.
Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment