Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16th, 2011

Well hello family.
Its so good to be talking to you again. As you can tell, this email is a little later in the week. Transfers were yesterday but we ran out of time because we had to help transport people to different locations of the mission. So we didn't have time to email or really do anything. So that is why I'm writing to you today. I hope I didn't freak anyone out or anything. I don't think I have ever emailed on a Wednesday before. This is kind of weird actually. I don't like this. See you next week on a Monday!
Elder Thorpe-Almost time to Go...
OK no I'm just kidding. I will email home any chance I get!
So this past transfer, Elder Thorpe left. He is currently at home now. Well I guess somewhere in Utah, I'm not really sure if like he is home but you know what I mean. It was weird being a missionaries last companion, and he wasn't trunky at all. I was actually pretty impressed. he worked hard until the end. He endured. I hope to be able to do that when I'm at my last transfer. But I was thinking about it. I have another new companion. I have only had 1 companion for more than a transfer, and that was Elder Howard up in Clifton. Since then and before then, only 1 transfer. Do I smell or something? Or maybe I'm too cool that they can only be around me for 1 transfer. That is all their body will allow of the EPCI. Elder Pierce Cool Intake. (that sounds pretty good actually).
Elder Pierce & Elder Thorpe
It was really sweet. We had an awesome miracle this past 2 days. Yesterday, we called a lot of the former investigators that were talking to the missionaries for awhile but kind of dropped off. We spoke with one who lives out in Bylas, its an Indian reservation. And we set up a time to meet tomorrow. So he shows up late to our appointment but he brings 4 friends with him! Perfectly OK with me ha ha. We gave them all a tour of the institute and taught them about our savior Jesus Christ. It was great. We let them play in the open gym volleyball and set up a lesson for today. We met with them earlier and committed 3 of them to be baptized. It was way awesome. A simple miracle from our Heavenly Father. It was amazing. It is so wonderful to see people embrace the gospel. To be able to feel the love of their Savior and Redeemer. Its wonderful. Its why I'm here. If this feeling wasn't around then I wouldn't do this. But the great thing is, that I feel that feeling and that love every single day. Its a true blessing.
It has also been a great blessing of being able to work so closely with all of the members of these wards. We have been going over and encouraging all of these students to work on their missionary efforts. Like tasks as small as sitting next to a non-member in class. (theres a lot of Mormons here). So any effort they can do to help bring others closer to Christ. Its been a wonderful opportunity to do such things. I just love being a missionary!
I love you all so much. I hope you are all doing great. Have a great week and I will talk to you soon.
Love,
Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment