Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Elder Pierce from Kylee Thompson

HI Cindy,

Shane, Maylen, Elder Pierce & Elder Baradoy
My name is Kylee Thompson and my family lives here in Sahuarita, AZ where your son is serving. My husband is the ward mission leader and so we get to spend lots of time with the missionaries. I remember when my brothers were on their missions, my mom missed them terribly. She likes to have all of her chicks in one nest! So I just wanted to write you and tell you what an outstanding missionary your son is. We've seen him from Day 1 and he's been so ready to work. His funny and easy going personality has been a great tool to relate with the investigators as well as the members. He's been so willing to do whatever is asked of him and his enthusiasm is contagious.



This area has been really blessed with miracles lately. We just recently had two youth baptized this past Saturday. It was a unique situation in which their dad wasn't giving permission for them to get baptized. The mission president told the elders that if they had a fast, that the kids would be baptized Saturday. Well, the fast was last Thursday and our Bishop went to ask their dad one more time for his consent and miraculously he gave his consent. We got a call from Elder Baradoy and Elder Pierce and I could hear how excited they were. The were jumping around with excitement. What a miracle! It was so sweet to hear the excitement in your sons voice and see his faith in his eyes. He was so sweet with David (the young boy he baptized). After he baptized him, your son said, "How about a hug?" It was really cute. I'm sure your son will be a great role model for this young boy.
Your son gave such a sweet talk on Mother's Day and gave such a sweet tribute to you. Please know that who he is, is a tribute to you in itself. He's just darling and we're so grateful to have him working here in our area. He will be getting a new companion today and we'll have the opportunity to continue the legacy that he and Elder Baradoy started. Please let me know if you ever need anything or would like me to pass on any messages to him.

Shane, Maylen & Kylee Thompson
Thank you for teaching your son to be such a good boy. It's neat to see these missionaries grow into men. Thank you for your sacrifice of sending your son to us to serve and bless this area. We're so thankful.

Sincerely,
Kylee Thompson

P.S. I attached a picture I took last night of the elders with my husband, Shane, and our 10 month old baby girl, Maylen (she looks like a bit of rugrat in this picture!). I also sent a picture of my little family in front of the newly dedicated Gila Valley Temple (just so you could see who this random girl is that's emailing you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment