Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Less than 8 months to go...

My wonderful Family. 
Its so great to be emailing you again. Another week has passed and July is coming to a close. August is just around the river bend. 
To start off this email. I wanted to share with you a realization I had when I was walking around with Elder Barner. I have discovered that it is incredibly difficult to look tough while carrying around Toilet paper. You should try it sometime. Its hard. 
Well this week has been good. Its had its ups and downs. But every week does. 
The Baptism of Dylan and Sabrina Pearson went great. They are such awesome kids. We barely had to do anything to set up the baptism. Our ward mission leader and the kids parents pretty much did everything. They got the programs ready, they filled the font, they invited everyone, and they even brought cookies. So we pretty much just had to show up haha. It was wonderful. 
Some other recent developments with some of our other investigators, Julian is back. We have been teaching him and helping him get back onto the strait and narrow. So that is going good. He has been really trying to get back to where he needs to be. HE really is a great guy, he has just been struggling a little bit. Then with another one of our investigators. She is really just ruffling my feathers. We have set up numerous rides for her to go to church, even stopped by her house to make sure she was awake and ready. And she has just been blowing of our rides. Which is really causing some member trust issues and Just all around frustration. She has accepted the commitment to be baptized she just wont follow through and keep those commitments of coming to church and reading from the book of Mormon. Man its just grinding my gears haha. But aside from that. We are having alot of success here in our part of the vineyard. 
The Lord is truly blessing us these past few days. I have been doing a lot of studying through the Book of Mormon and The D&C. I have been learning a lot from the Scriptures. If there has been one thing I have learned already from Elder Barner its how to study the scriptures effectively. He has a serious study habit and reads like all the time. Its actually pretty remarkable how long he can sit there and study. After like an hour I feel like I need to get up and run around or something. But truly being able to sit there and just study and ponder has helped me a lot and has helped my testimony grow more and more. 
Well family, I love you all very much. Less than 8 months to go...that's crazy. 
Love, Elder Pierce



No comments:

Post a Comment