Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

Elder Clark-Passenger Seat
Well hello family, another awesome p-day again.. If I do say so myself. Unfortunately I was not able to email at the normal time because we were to busy celebrating Martin Luther King JR. So everything was closed. But the EAC library opened at 6 so we get to email now. 
Just a couple quick updates on the way our week has been going...
-Elder Clark, put scratches and dents in the car so we get to walk every where we go until Wednesday, and I mean everywhere. Now i know how it feels to be in a full bike area....YUCK.  It makes it really tough, when you cover the entire town and also neighbortown (Pima + Bryce). 













































































We have an investigator in Bryce that we are not able to see and wont answer our calls. 
-We have a new investigator that we have been working 
with lately that really wants to join the church and be baptized, but her parents wont give her permission and will disown her if she does....That really stinks. She comes to church and everything but is unable to make that step. 



Elder Pierce and Elder Bischoff 
-(mom, don't pay attention to this part). I hyper-extended my thumb backwards and it hurts. We were playing dodge-ball today and things took a turn for the worst when that happened. Don't worry, it wasn't from punching any walls this time, it was just from playing. It will be fine. It doesn't hurt that bad so its not a big deal, I'm just putting it on my list of unfortunate things that have happened lately. I am going to have president Walker take a look at it on Wednesday. 
On the plus side of things, President walker, Sister Walker, and the AP's are coming down this Wednesday for a zone training. Where elder Clark and i will be giving trainings as well as receiving trainings from the high council. (that's pres walker and the gang). We will also be getting the chance to have interviews with President. I'm looking forward to that. I remember by first interview with President when we were there in the mission home. Long time ago. Then the first interview in the field took like 1 minute haha. I hear as a zone leader, interviews take like 15 minutes. So I'm looking forward to it. 
I'm starting to get really disappointed with the lack of miracles and lack of success we are having. 
I had the chance to talk to Elder Bischoff today, and he informed me of the awesomeness he has been having up in Clifton. I'm excited for him, I'm glad I was able to help him on his road to being a great missionary. If you want to be the best you have to learn from the best! hahah. I'm just kidding. That was a joke. I am nowhere near the missionary I need to be. I'm working on it though.
Everyday, I feel my heavenly fathers presence in my life just that much more. I need his help if I'm to do this. I need him. I need my Savior Jesus Christ. I rely on him every single day! I know i would fail in this work if i didn't have him guiding me and directing me to where i need to be. To who i need to talk to.
One very simple miracle i guess i did see, we were walking home to our apartment, in somewhat of a hurry, along the main street. And as we were walking, an older man was sitting on the curb. He was very dirty and seemed as though he only owned what was on his back. I said hello to him and elder Clark kept walking when I felt the urge to stop and talk to him. Elder Clark had almost crossed the street before he noticed i had stopped. As we talked with the old man, I could feel the spirit about him as he told us he was working on hitchhiking his way to Florida so he could see his family again. We shared a short message and offered our help. We gave him a card with our number on it in case he ever needed anything. 
It is those simple miracles when you can see the good inside everyone that makes you realize how special these people are. Why we are doing what we need to be. I know this work is true. Our Heavenly Father wants no empty seats at the reunion party. That's why we are here, to make sure we fill those seats. I love you all so much. Thank you for everything you do for me in my life and while i am serving the Lord. I love you all.
Love, Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment