Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Monday, January 10, 2011

I Love being a Missionary so Much.

So family, 
How is it going this past week? It has been a relatively good week thus far.
This last week, we had what is called ZLC. Zone Leader Council. Its where President Walker calls all of the Zone Leaders together and trains us on how to be better Zone leaders and how to better our areas. It was a very spiritual experience where he made a quote that he says all the time but really stuck out to me this time. "the speed of the leader is the speed of the team". Which is so true. Our Zones or our areas will only be as effective as our areas our. We have to set the example as leaders to further progress them and their areas. It is so important for us to be as obedient as we can so we can set the proper example and set the speed of which our team is to travel. We must set the pace and be the ring leaders of this crazy circus of missionaries.
 
We are gradually improving and we are taking care of business. We have been going on exchanges this past week to try and boost up the areas. We actually blitzed Elder Patterson's area and also Elder Manumaleuna's area. (blitzing an area is where both sets of missionaries work in the designated area to increase the work in the area.) Both days we did that each area taught a minimum of 3 lessons with at least 1 new investigator. When previously they were teaching 1 for every 2 days. It was a very cool experience being able to help out the zone and help out individual areas. When I went on the blitz with Elder Patterson, me and him had the amazing opportunity to skin a raccoon. Yes, skin a raccoon. An experience I never thought I would have in my life has now been accomplished. Mark that one off the bucket list haha.  

Other than that, things have been going quite nicely. Like I said, the zone is gradually starting to pick it up numbers wise. We have been training and making sure that the companionship's are counting their "honest contacts". The contacts are going down but the other areas of numbers are progressing. As we focus on contacting people the way the Lord would have us do it, the work becomes that much more effective. I love being a missionary so much. I love everything about it. Despite how challenging it is sometimes, I wouldn't have it any other way!

I love you all so much!!! Have a great week!
LOVE,
Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment