Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Now Thats Cold !

Hello family, things are going well here with me today.
Boy do I have some crazy new for you guys. The other day, we had to drive to Tucson for another ZLC, and while we did so, we had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. to start getting ready. Well let me tell you what, it was so COLD that day. We met with our ride and both our car thermometers said that it was 6 degrees outside...6 degrees??? With wind chill factor, someone told us it reached -5 degrees. Boy that's cold. To let you know I'm being honest, there is evidence. Our pipes in our apartments froze. The pipes on the campus froze and ruined a classroom. The pipes on a stake center froze and now the congregation has to meet somewhere else for 3 weeks because of the damage. Crazy business. So it was cold for like 3 days or so but it has mellowed out and somewhat warmed up. So I'm happy with that. We went and played racquetball this morning and it felt kinda warm compared to what we had been feeling. So that's some crazy news for you.
This past week has been more successful than lately. Which is something I'm really happy about. It is actually really awesome. We have been informed of some potential investigators that have been coming to church for the past few weeks and have flown under our radar...I thought I smelt baptisms! They are some more girls from the basketball team and another young gentleman who has 6 LDS roommates. The two girls are very receptive and open to the gospel and learning new things.

And then, there is the young man named Luis.  Luis is someone we have heard about but never met. He is awesome. We were going around trying to meet some more of the member around here (there is alot of them). And the only one home was Luis. So we went in and had a great lesson/conversation with him. Not ready to accept commitments about baptism, but he is very open and willing to learn about the gospel, and read the Book of Mormon. He is a member of the 7th day Adventist church, but its OK, that will change haha. A big concern is that he just recently got baptized into the 7th day church, so he feels that it might be to soon to change religions, but like I said, very willing to learn and listen. So he will be baptized soon as well, I can feel it. haha.
So, its not like I heard anything about the Superbowl or anything, but if I were to have heard anything about it, I would tell you that I am very happy with who won and who lost. But like I said, I don't know anything about anything. But something that was pretty funny about the Superbowl and this past Sunday. A couple weeks ago, we had a correlations meeting with our WML, and we set up an activity on the next fast Sunday. We were going to have a huge missionary fast to help with the missionary work in the area. So we planned and coordinated all of the details. We passed out flyer's and everything for this activity we were going to have. It was a big potluck dinner Sunday night at 5...Only like 20 people showed up. Hahahah, it was so funny. We totally forgot that the Superbowl was happening. So there was like 18 girls and 2 guys. It was tough but it was alot of fun anyways. We passed out copies of the book of Mormon and had everyone write their testimonies in it. So we are going to have another potluck next month to follow up and to try again. Overall though it went really well. We had a lot of fun. The members here and the college kids are very willing to help out in any possible way they can. It really is a huge benefit.
Well family, I love you all so much. I expect to be hearing from you all soon.
Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment