Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

02-22-11

So, its really cool how much 2's are in the date today. I thought it was pretty nifty. Anyways, how is my wonderful family doing? And how are my wonderful friends and everyone else that reads these things ???
So today, has already been way awesome. We started the day out in just the perfect way by going to the temple! It was amazing like always. It was nice to just be able to relax from all the craziness of missionary work and take a breather. you need it every now and then you know?? So that was just wonderful. As I was in the temple, I started to think about something President Uchtdorf said last general conference. "There is beauty in simplicity". I took the time to really analyze that and think about how true and wise that is. A lot of times in life we get caught up in the hectic mentality of the world and how busy it can get. But when we have the chance to just take a step back and realize how beautifully simple the world is. How beautiful and simple the gospel of Jesus Christ is. We take so much thought of how we have to do this and that to be ready for the ward party this Saturday or how we have to organize the chairs a certain way. All of these things I have seen on my mission that are involved in the workings of the church, when really the church is centered around a different thing. The atonement of Jesus Christ. His sacrifice on the cross. Through him we can be forgiven of everything we have done in this life. To be able to stand spotless before God at the last day.(3rd Nephi 27:20) What is the true meaning of the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints? Who will bring the ham for the Christmas party? Or the Sacrifice and atonement of Jesus Christ? Our Savior and Redeemer. (But definitely don't forget the ham, its delicious haha)
So we have been having a lot more success lately. It has been so awesome. I love being able to share the gospel with people. It was really funny as well this weekend in church. Because of Presidents day weekend a lot of people have been going out of town. I underlined a lot for a reason haha. And So church attendance in one of our wards was really low. Even all the speakers decided to go out of town. But the meeting pressed on and Bishop Stapely had our ward mission leader go up and bear his testimony and talk about missionary work, and after he did that, I was thinking "...we're next" haaha, sure enough, after the rest hymn, Bishop invited the two full time missionaries to mosey their way up there and bare their testimonies. It went really well though. I always enjoy the chance I have to bare my testimony no matter where I am or what I am doing. It is the most precious thing I own.
We should be having a baptism soon, on the 5th of March in fact. Then hopefully 2 on the 19th. That is what we have set for right now. We are working with a lot of really cool people right now. Everyone we have set for baptism is on the football team, then these girls we are meeting with tomorrow are all on the basketball team. Its really sweet how the influence of one individual can change the lives of so many people. It is really quite incredible the way the Lord works through 1 person to bring to pass the salvation of many. Our Heavenly Father is just amazing. I love him so much and my love continues to grow everyday. Everyday I see his love and care for us in every aspect of this work. I know that through the love of him and the love of our Savior Jesus Christ, anything is possible.
I love you all so much.
Love, Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment