Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Clifton, Arizona here I come!!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Oct. 25th

Hello my wonderful family!!!
How goes life in your part of the lords vineyard??? It is definitely doing quite well over here in our vineyard.
To begin this email,  I would like to share with you an experience that is still continuing to progress. A while back, we tracted into a part member family. His name is Tommy gates. (I believe i mentioned this part of the experience before.) He had expressed to us how he hasn't been to church in years...lots of years. When we talked to his wife, she told us she has NO interest in joining the church or even talking about it. So we went on our way not thinking anything about it or whatever. But not to long ago, we had the feeling to go and try them again and see whats up. So we did, and she was like "ya, i want to go to church this week, what time does it start???" So we were totally shocked, because when we first met her, she barely would speak to us, now she wants to come to church?!?! whats going on here!?? And she came and loved it, that was last week. She came again this week and told us that she absolutely loved it again!!! It was the primary program this week and she mentioned that she really wants her 4 year old, Abigael, to be involved with things like that.(she is such a cute kid) Then she said that her church isn't filling the hole that she has, and she feels that what we have will. We have an appointment with her this Tuesday at 1:30. So I'm hoping we will be done with the specialized training that we have in Safford tomorrow in time, because she is solid. It was just so amazing! The work continues to progress. I was studying this morning and came across this scripture and related it to me and elder Howard's work here in Clifton, Alma 28:14. "And thus we see the great call of diligence of Elder Pierce and Elder Howard to labor in the Clifton ward".
Every thing had been going good. This week was much better than the week we had last week. We met with Jack Highley again this week and he is such a great guy and really wants to progress in the gospel. We had such a powerful lesson with him on Friday, in which he completely agreed with everything we taught him and accepted all his commitments. Unfortunately, we think there might be some problems. Problems i wont mention but we are really concerned for him. We will do whatever we can for him because he is just such a great guy. I will let you know if anything changes regarding him.
As for anything else we are doing quite alright. We just go out and teach the gospel, like the lord would have us do. I have seen such a change in my mission just in these past few months of how much i have grown. I see the dramatic effect that the atonement of Jesus Christ has played in my life. He is my savior, as i follow his example and direction, it will lead me to a place of eternal bliss. I love my savior, and i KNOW he loves me.
I love you all so much. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown to me.
Elder Pierce
 

No comments:

Post a Comment